The Aggrolites, The White Buffalo, Casey Abrams & Western Standard Time Headline Free Saturday Night Concerts on the Terraced Lawn, Aug. 10, 17, 24 and 31
One of the Orange County Great Park’s most beloved signature events, the Flights & Sounds Summer Festival, returns in 2013 with a diverse lineup of world, pop, acoustic and indie artists performing on the Terraced Lawn on Saturday evenings, August 10, 17, 24 and 31. The sixth annual edition of the popular concert series features eight musical artists and enough variety to draw music lovers of all ages to the Great Park to enjoy a summer evening of live music the glow of the Great Park Balloon.
The annual Flights & Sounds Summer Festival originated in 2008 as part of the Great Park’s commitment to delivering top-quality arts and culture programs to Orange County. Since its inception, Flights & Sounds has evolved into a signature event in the Southern California arts landscape.
2013 Flights & Sounds Summer Festival Schedule and Featured Musicians
Saturday, August 10
- Opening musician (7 p.m.): Chase Brokaw of Simple Green – Lead singer and guitarist of roots reggae sensation Simple Green
- Headliner (8 p.m.): The Aggrolites – Los Angeles-based band will perform their signature “dirty reggae” representing a fusion of reggae, soul, grit and rhythm. The Aggrolites have shared the stage with such notables as Social Distortion and 311 and have released six full-length albums to their credit.
Saturday, August 17
- Opening musician (7 p.m.): Alice Wallace – Local singer and songwriter that is “undeniably folk at heart with dips into blues and rock”
- Headliner (8 p.m.): The White Buffalo – Delivers an authentic homage to southern-style indie rock and storytelling. The White Buffalo is releasing a new record “Shadows, Greys, and Evil Ways” on September 10.
Saturday, August 24
- Opening musician (7 p.m.): Stacy Clark – Southern California Indie pop darling, singer and musician
- Headliner (8 p.m.): Casey Abrams – American Idol finalist and a pop-influenced singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist; Casey recently released his self-titled debut album on Concord Records
Saturday, August 31
- Opening musician (7 p.m.): Colin Giles – Indie reggae “rocksteady.” It’s folk soul with a touch of acoustic
- Headliner (8 p.m.): Western Standard Time – The “world’s premier ska supergroup,” Western Standard Time brings together the best of West Coast ska, reggae and jazz from the past 20 years with a big band tribute to The Skatalites.
All summer concerts are free for the public to attend. Parking is $10 and carpooling is encouraged. Each evening favorite local gourmet food trucks will begin serving at 6 p.m. and the live music will start at 7 p.m. Visitors are encouraged to bring blankets, chairs and picnics.
The Orange County Great Park is located at Sand Canyon and Marine Way, and can easily be reached by the 5 or 405 freeways. For more information, visit, please visit http://www.ocgp.org/flights-sounds/ or call 866-829-3829.